Writing the Modern Memo - $49.00
Learn to write memo for today's business practices.
Product Code: WriteModMemo
Subscription: 60 Days
CEU Credits: .1
Introduction and Overview
Writing the Modern Memo explains the role of memos in the workplace in the age of the Internet. Learners will explore what kinds of information are best communicated through sending a memo and how this information should be sent. Common purposes for writing memos are discussed, and the learner will participate in activities to reinforce best practices for memo organization, memo formatting, and concision in business writing.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Understand the role of the sender, receiver, message, and medium in the context of the memo
- Anticipate and circumvent limitations on memos as a type of push communication
- Understand when sending a memo would less effective than communicating in another way
- Identify various security threats to memos sent through e-mail and know how to mitigate these threats
- Structure and format and your memo to increase readability
- Represent information in your memo in the most appropriate format for the type of data
- Appropriately use the different fields of a memo
- Identify the purpose of your memo
- Understand how writing with a professional tone can make your memo more effective
- Revise your memo to maximize concision
This course is self-paced and online. You will have access to this course for 60 days. Upon successful completion, you will receive a certificate of completion from One Hour Courses.
Target Audience: Anyone wanting to make sure their workplace writing is effective in the age of the Internet. This course is designed for professionals, managers, and those interested in better workplace communication.
Level/Prerequisites: Introductory/No Prerequisites
Estimated Time to Complete: 1 Hour
Successful Completion Requirement for IACET CEU: Learners must score an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit.