Introduction to Leadership - Basic Course - $49.00
Learn the elements that comprise being a leader.
Product Code: NewLead
Subscription: 60 Days
CEU Credits: .1
HRCI Credits: 1
Introduction and Overview
Introduction to Leadership addresses the key issues surrounding leadership. Basic topics include:
- The importance of leadership
- What it takes to be a leader
- Becoming a visionary leader
- Being an ethical leader
- Leadership charisma
- The roles of a leader
"This was a really great course and I would recommend it to my co-workers and friends. I will be able to apply a great deal of the information into my day-to-day work and personal life." – Paul
Leadership is not limited to the naturally charismatic, the extroverted and gregarious, and those selected for top management positions. In fact, many of the elements that comprise being a leader can be taught or developed.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Define leadership and explain its importance
- Discuss some of the better-known leadership theories: Fiedler's contingency theory; Path-goal theory; Vroom-Yetton-Jago theory
- Distinguish leadership from management and administration
- Explain the role of ethics in leadership
- Discuss the positives and negatives surrounding charismatic leadership
- Discuss the seven bases for leadership
- Explain why formal authority alone does not guarantee leadership
- Identify the five central skills needed for effective leadership and explain ways to strengthen or develop those skills in a leader
This course is self-paced and online. You will have access to this course for 60 days. Upon successful completion, you will receive a certificate of completion from One Hour Courses.
Target Audience: This course is designed for mid- and entry-level professionals, managers, and those interested in effective leadership.
Course Level: Introductory
Estimated Time to Complete: 1 hour
Successful Completion Requirement for Continuing Education Credit: Learners must score at least 70% on the course self-assessment to receive 0.1 IACET CEU and 1 HRCI Specified - Strategic Business Credit Hour.