Navigating Difficult Conversations - $17.00
Learn to Deliver Your Message with Poise, Empathy, and Resolve
Product Code: NDCAOTB
Subscription: 90 Days
Introduction and Overview
Difficult conversations are inevitable in any workplace. Those conversations can create unhappiness, stress, and tension. They can also impair and even destroy relationships. When handled poorly, they are likely to result in serious problems that interfere with productivity and leave everyone involved feeling frustrated and dissatisfied.
You can’t avoid these kinds of conversations, but you can learn how to handle them more effectively. Developing the ability to handle these challenges will pay off in terms of reduced stress, increased confidence, improved relationships, increased trust, fewer problems, better teamwork, higher productivity, and better career opportunities.
Here are some of the conversations you will cover:
- Delivering bad news, such as layoffs, terminations, or denied requests for promotion, vacations, time off, or change of working hours
- Giving people negative feedback on their performance, behavior, personal habits, or appearance and asking them to make changes
- Saying “no” when people ask you to do something you are unable or unwilling to do
- Asking people to do something unpleasant, difficult, or outside the scope of their responsibility
- Acknowledging mistakes you have made