Effective Business Writing - $125.00
Learn how to write clearly and directly.
Product Code: Bus-Writing
Subscription: 30 Days
CEU Credits: .5
Introduction and Overview
The ability to write clearly and directly is highly prized in organizations. This course focuses on improving business writing. The ideas, techniques, and checklists in this course apply to all forms of business writing: memos, reports, brochures, proposals, presentations, catalogs, and websites. Other topics include formal and informal outlining techniques, how to revise for wordiness, unnecessary phrases, redundancy and jargon, and the appropriate use of email in an organizational setting.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize the difference between effective and ineffective writing
- List and define the four major factors of effective writing (clarity, tone, organization and delivery)
- Recognize the role of the audience in effective communication and the importance of understanding an audience's needs
- Employ formal and informal outlining techniques
- List and recognize techniques for overcoming writer's block
- Recognize the importance and dangers of writing quickly
- Revise for wordiness, unnecessary phrases, redundancy and jargon
- Write more effective emails and recognize the appropriate use of email in an organizational setting
- Employ checklists for organizing, writing and revising
Target Audience: This course is designed for adult learners with a foundational knowledge of writing and grammar.
Level/Prerequisites: Introductory/No Prerequisites
Estimated time to complete: 4-6 hours
Ask the Expert: This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Successful Completion Requirement for IACET CEU: Learners must score an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit.
This course is part of the Communication Suite of online courses.