Influencing Others - $65.00
Develop the skills to influence and gain the support of others.
Product Code: IO101
Subscription: 12 Months
Introduction and Overview
Many people think that you have to be in a position of authority to influence others. This is a false perception and one that has detrimental implications on how to get others to do what you want. This module seeks to differentiate between negative influencing such as coercion, manipulation, bullying, and positive influencing such as persuasion and negotiation. You will develop the skills to gain the support of others and elicit others to engage their imaginations in problem solving. You will also learn how to inspire and encourage others. This module is designed to send the message that you can practice the art of influence without telling others what to do and without a position of authority.
By the end of this course, you will:
- Develop a strong foundation to influence others
- Use techniques to influence others and gain their support
- Use the stages of influence to have a positive influence on people and add value to their lives
- Apply active listening skills to overcome common barriers to communication
- Recognize what is important to others and how to motivate them
- Use approaches to make your words count
- Apply personal characteristics and actions to improve your ability to influence