Public Speaking: Command the Audience - $49.00
Learn how to deliver a winning and engaging talk, speech, or presentation.
Product Code: PubSp-ComAud
Subscription: 60 Days
CEU Credits: .1
Introduction and Overview
Public Speaking: Command the Audience helps you deliver speeches and presentations that are interesting and lively so that you can capture and maintain your audience's attention. It summarizes best practices that will help you deliver a winning and engaging talk, speech, or presentation. It also explores how to master anxiety over public speaking.
"A strong course overall, offering quite sensible advice. Very helpful videos - and the featured public speaker was clear, interesting, and well-integrated into the course. The contrast between the fluidity of the videos and the written texts worked nicely." – W.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Differentiate between various purposes for giving a speech and identify a statement of purpose specific to your own speaking engagement
- Prepare a speech targeted to your specific audience
- Organize a speech so that the audience can follow you through your thoughts
- Use sentences and words that increase the clarity and vividness of your language
- Understand when slideshows or other presentation aids will help to capture the attention of your audience
- Explain why reading directly from notes or slides or memorizing your speech makes you a less effective speaker
- Create an outline that will guide you through your content without distracting you from your audience
- Convert anxiety about your speech into positive energy that can be used to deliver your speech with enthusiasm
This course is self-paced and online. You will have access to this course for 60 days. Upon successful completion, you will receive a certificate of completion from One Hour Courses.
Target Audience: This course is designed for professionals, managers, and those interested in better public speaking.
Level/Prerequisites: Introductory/No Prerequisites
Estimated Time to Complete: 1 Hour
Successful Completion Requirement for IACET CEU: Learners must score an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit.