Rethinking Presentation Slides - $49.00
Learn best practices when using slides in your presentations and speeches.
Product Code: PresentSlides
Subscription: 60 Days
CEU Credits: .1
Introduction and Overview
Rethinking Presentation Slides teaches how to best use PowerPoint slides to support your presentations and speeches.
"Engaging and clear course, with a nice mix of theory and practical. I especially liked the tips for organizing the presentation before even beginning the slides. The videos create a nice connection to the sender of the information, and the in/effective slide examples were nicely done and useful." – Agi
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Explain why slides make effective visual aids
- Explain the characteristics of effective and ineffective visual aids
- Put into practice some graphic rules of thumb that increase the effectiveness of slide presentations
- Explain which font types, colors, and styles tend to be most consistently effective
- Organize your slide presentation using the forecast, present, and echo technique
- Create a summary slide
- Identify how to revise your slides in each of the three slide revision stages: the structural revision stage, the slide revision stage, and the proofreading revision stage
- Vary the appearance of your slides to maintain the interest of your audience
- Revise your slideshows to be sent independently as slidedecks
- Understand how to avoid practical and technological problems on presentation day
This course is self-paced and online. You will have access to this course for 60 days. Upon successful completion, you will receive a certificate of completion from One Hour Courses.
Note: This course assumes basic knowledge of PowerPoint or other presentation software.
Target Audience: This course is designed for professionals, managers, and those interested in better public speaking.
Level/Prerequisites: Introductory/ No Prerequisites
Estimated Time to Complete: 1 Hour
Successful Completion Requirement for IACET CEU: Learners must score an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit.