Workplace Bullying: What Everyone Needs to Know - $27.00
Learn how to prevent and effectively control workplace bullying.
Product Code: WPBullying_EE
Subscription: 12 months
Workplace Bullying: What Everyone Needs to Know
Everyone should be treated with dignity and respect at work.
While we can all agree with that statement, workplace bullying is a problem in today’s workplace. Surveys on workplace bullying have shown that about 54 million Americans report being bullied at work and that approximately 15 million workers experience psychological aggression on a weekly basis.
Workplace bullying can have a significant threat to the health, safety and welfare of people in the workplace and cause reduced productivity, low morale, increased absenteeism and higher levels of staff turnover.
Note: This course is designed for all employees in all organizations whether or not there is a specific policy against bullying.
In this session, participants receive practical advice on preventing and controlling workplace bullying and how to effectively deal with any cases that occur.
In this course participants learn:
- To recognize workplace bullying: obvious, subtle and covert
- The impact of workplace bullying – on individuals and the organization
- The difference between bullying and harassment
- Demanding bosses are not necessarily bullies
- The difference between bullying and aggression
- What the law says about workplace bullying
- Specific actions to take if they are being bullied or see someone else being bullied at work
- How to report bullying
- How to apply a Five Step Plan to stop the bully from bullying you
- Specific actions and what to say to:
- Stay in control of yourself
- Use a One-Step Technique to get in control of the situation
- How to defuse a situation before it gets out of hand
- Additional resources
- and more…
Participants will receive:
- Skill Builder Quick Reference Guide: Quickly reference the techniques and tools developed in this course.
- Certificate of completion: Upon successful completion, you will receive a certificate of completion from the Alliance Skill Builder Series of courses.
This course is self-paced and online.
You will have access to this course for 12 months.
Target Audience: This course is designed for all employees. (The course is designed for all organizations whether there is a specific policy against bullying or not.)
Estimated Time to Complete: 20 minutes