Building Business Relationships
Advanced Customer Service Skills Training Workshop
Get to the heart of the client relationship
Improve service and build stronger customer relations
This advanced customer service training goes beyond basic service or sales training. Even with the best products and services, research shows you still need to build strong customer relationships to succeed in the marketplace. This onsite seminar provides tips and techniques to improve service and build stronger customer relations at all levels.
As an advanced service and sales training session, participants learn more than just asking closed and open questions in the sales and service process. They learn how to ask questions that impact the customer and get to the heart of the client/supplier relationship. For example: Rather than just asking, “Is there anything else I can do for you?,” how about asking a question that really shows the customer you want their business. Try this, What would need to happen for you to consider us your best supplier?” or how about, “What factors do you use to measure if a supplier is your best supplier?”
Participants learn how to deliver good news and bad news effectively. They learn how to get the most benefit out of delivering good news to the customer, how to deliver difficult messages and how to get customers to accept information and proposals they may not want to hear.
The skills and techniques developed in this session help improve your understanding of the client's needs and how to best meet those needs for improved client relationships. The better your relationship building skills, the better your chances are of convincing current and potential customers to do business with you and develop long-term client commitments.
Who Should Attend
Designed for account managers, service reps and sales people, this seminar develops skills and techniques to help build rapport with customers, improve client relationships and engage customers more effectively to improve both sales and customer service.
- Improve customer relationship dynamics
- Get clients to buy “you” as well as your company's products and services
- Uncover the real customer needs, both spoken and unspoken, to serve them better
- Deal effectively with customer disagreement
- Build higher levels of customer confidence
- Build stronger levels of customer commitment
Overview of Topics Covered and Learning Points Developed
- Create client confidence
- Understand what goes into creating good client relationships
- Generate open discussion to build customer trust and confidence
- Understand 'it's you they buy'
- Using communication dynamics effectively – voice tone – body language – pause and punch – the power of silence
- Communication styles – Yours and Theirs – How to make your style work for them
- Establish empathy and develop a common ground
- How and when to use “I”, “You” and “We” statements to maximize your impact
- Avoid going in with pre-conceived ideas or simply accepting what the client says they need
- Use questioning and listening techniques to get the “real” story
- Know what is needed to help customers accept information and proposals they may not want to hear – Know how to deliver difficult messages
- Be prepared by knowing what’s going well and what can go wrong
- Use self-disclosure appropriately to connect with your customer and get them to open up
- Demonstrate knowledge of their business to better relate to the customer
- How and when to use their name and give compliments without sounding like a “salesperson”
- Use their jargon and abbreviations effectively
- Learn how to view problems from the customer’s perspective
- Approach objections from their perspective to gain acceptance rather than trying to prove them wrong
- Use the essential elements of persuasion
- Avoid assumptions - yours and theirs
- Develop a checklist of specific information needed for every sale
- Use effective questioning techniques to find out more without interrogating them
- Recognize hidden agendas
- Deal with disagreement without alienating the client
- Use steering – not pushing – to influence effectively
- Preparing the presentation - Delivering the presentation - Ending the presentation
- Your personal action plan
This Advanced Customer Service Workshop goes beyond basic service or sales training. The seminar provides service tips and techniques to improve service and build stronger customer relations that will benefit your entire organization.
For more information on this or any of our other customer service training options, call toll free 877-385-5515.