Meeting Customer Service Challenges in the Public Sector
Training Skills to Meet the Unique Customer Service Demands in Government Agencies at All Levels.
Specifically designed for public services and government agencies, this imaginative and interactive customer service training uses real-world examples to train public employees how to create satisfied customers at every customer contact.
This seminar teaches service representatives the skills, tips and techniques to make quality customer service a reality in any public agency. Participants discover new ways to approach both internal and external customers with confidence and professionalism. Each training session is tailored to your agency and organization using cases and examples your service personnel can relate to.
Participants learn how to shift the focus from what can’t be done to what can be done for the customer. They learn how to use facts to help customers vent frustrations instead of taking it out on the service representative. They discover how to ask questions, improve listening skills and use communication techniques that can turn hostile customers into appreciative advocates of the agency and the customer service representative themselves. Plus more…(see the Overview of Concepts and Deliverables Provided section below).
Public agencies and public utilities are often viewed as environments where navigating the bureaucracy overshadows satisfying customer needs. This can mean customers bear the costs of reduced productivity, lesser quality services, poor agency and organizational image, and a host of other problems.
Now, Federal Performance Management Initiatives and other efforts within the public sector focus on business critical issues including customer service. These initiatives challenge public agencies to deliver solutions and services that are results-oriented and customer focused. This training is designed to help your agency take advantage of the benefits of providing quality customer service.
Great customer service delivery leads to:
- More efficient use of service resources
- Improved customer satisfaction
- Increased customer trust
- Reduced costs per customer
- Operational improvements
- Increased customer referrals and advocacy
- Reduced service employee stress
- Increased service employee satisfaction and reduced turnover
- Improved agency image and reputation
The use of customer service ideas in government continues to make good sense. Without service skill training, the benefits of quality public sector service and delivery are unrealized.
Who Should Attend
All employees. For service personnel at all levels of federal, state and local government agencies, education, utilities, public transportation and non-profit organizations.
- Increased Employee Retention
- Identify Customer Needs Effectively
Better Problem Solving
- Improved efficiency
- Improved Agency Image
Overview of Concepts and Deliverables Provided
- How to develop proactive policies and procedures
- How to create an environment for public satisfaction even when things go wrong
- Develop positive communication skills
- Develop the appropriate nonverbal communication style – even over the phone
- Improve listening skills to better understand the customer’s real needs
- How to use winning words, phrases and questions to defuse an emotional situation
- Successfully handle different types of personalities
- Know what to do when a situation goes from bad to worse
- How to learn from negative experiences
- How to communicate that the rules or laws cannot be changed just for them
- Being prepared with professional responses to stupid questions
- How to recover if you do or say something inappropriate
- How to be sensitive to the situation without sympathizing
- How to calm upset people over the phone and in person
- How to listen completely, speak respectfully and focus on the positive
- How to avoid taking negative public comments about your organization personally
- How to deal with your stress in stressful situations
- Keep motivated to prevent burnout
- …and more
Bring this onsite seminar to your organization today! Your service personnel at all levels will gain a greater understanding of customer needs and expectations, and develop the confidence to deal with any service situation in a professional manner.
For more information on this or any of our other customer service training options, call toll free 877-385-5515.