Developing Emotional Intelligence (EI): A Pathway for Personal Success
Onsite IE training helps individuals better managing emotions under pressure.
Learn tools and techniques to respond effectively to challenging situations.
Turn your "weak" beliefs into empowering beliefs.
Choose positive behaviors for greater success.
Personal success comes from a combination of integrity (how one is), competence (how one performs) and compassion (how one relates to others). In this Emotional Intelligence seminar, you will learn a set of EI and EQ principles that will change the way you view your life as well as your performance on the job. You will grow in self-understanding, confidence, personal effectiveness and your ability to handle the challenges and opportunities of the workplace. Such a personal transformation forms the foundation for organizational transformation.
The concept of Emotional Intelligence was first developed by author Daniel Goleman, in his bestselling book entitled Emotional Intelligence. Goleman makes a powerful case, through both brain research and behavior research, that critical abilities including self-awareness, impulse control, personal responsibility and social adeptness matter immensely to our success in business and in life. These are the kinds of personal characteristics discussed and developed in this program.
Learn and practice Emotional Intelligence (EI) skills to maximize effectiveness.
Develop self-awareness, impulse control, and social adeptness for greater success.
Emotional Intelligence begins with the concept of a key moment. A key moment is defined as a triggering event or situation which presents a challenge that demands a response. Consciously or unconsciously, we respond to a key moment in a way that moves us toward survival or success. A positive response means that we embrace reality, exercise responsibility and act with integrity. When we handle our key moments poorly, we resist reality, disown responsibility and take the pathway of survival.
In this workshop, you will understand the nature of reality and learn to embrace and align your life to reality. As you embrace reality, you will learn that taking responsibility means making choices about the realities of your life. As you exercise personal responsibility, you will see how your choices, more than external realities, determine your fate and are the difference between being a victor rather than a victim in life.
During this workshop you will practice Emotional Intelligence principles and participate in EI exercises that allow you to become master of your own life.
Who Should Attend
Individuals who want to learn how to create a state of mind that allows you to meet, conquer and transcend the challenges of your life rather than being reactive to circumstances, events and other people.
- Understand four paradigms from which you live your life
- Commit to live your life from the paradigm of personal integrity
- Learn how to conquer life’s challenging moments
- Give up resentments, complaints and blame as you align to reality
- Recognize choices in your life and take responsibility for your experience
- Clarify and live from your personal vision
- Define your purpose and guiding principles
- Implement your vision and act with personal integrity
- Value and respect yourself at a deep level
Overview of Concepts and Deliverables Provided
Part 1: The Integrity Model
- Grasp the process of emotional intelligence
- Recognize the flaw inherent in the common symbols of success
- Learn a new definition of success based upon your personal paradigms
- Understand the power of your personal paradigm
- Distinguish the four different paradigms from which people live
- Identify the core beliefs of each paradigm
- Commit to living your life in the integrity paradigms
Part 2: Conquer You Key Moments
- Realize how you respond to challenging or upsetting events (key moments)
- Explore and understand the patterns in your responses to key moments
- Understand a process for exploring the consequences of your behavior
- Choose positive behaviors and feelings during your key moments
- Identify and challenge the distortions in your interpretations
- Choose a method for changing weakening beliefs to empowering beliefs
Part 3: Embrace Reality
- Understand the nature of reality
- Learn the importance of aligning your life to reality
- Accept some of the “difficult” realities of your life
- Explore and “let go” of resentments, complaints and blame
- Learn to live in the “here and now”
Part 4: Exercise Responsibility
- Learn the meaning and nature of personal responsibility
- Understand how you avoid taking responsibility for yourself
- Assess your willingness to accept personal responsibility
- See the choices available in your life
- “Claim ownership” for the results of your life
- Understand the power and freedom that comes from accepting responsibility
Part 5: Clarify Your Vision
- Understand the meaning and power of vision
- Clarify your personal vision
- Evaluate the thoughts that keep you from living your vision
- Set goals to achieve your vision
Part 6: Define Your Purpose
- Understand the difference between three kinds of vision
- Write your personal purpose statement
- Clarify your guiding principles
- Develop affirmations to support you in living your purpose and guiding principles
- Use the technique of visualization to make your vision a reality
Featured Trainers in Employee Development