Dealing with ADA, FMLA & Workers’ Compensation
Onsite training to ensure compliance with FMLA, ADA & Workers' Comp laws.
Recognize the interplay and overlap of ADA, FMLA and Workers' Compensation.
Comply with federal, state & local laws.
Seminar is customized to cover your industry issues.
This onsite seminar gives in-depth understanding of ADA, FMLA and Workers' Compensation laws. From ADA accommodation to FMLA intermittent leave to return to work policies, we cover it all. Each workshop is customized to cover industry issues as well as state, Federal, and local laws that apply.
Who Should Attend
Human resource professionals, department managers, and others wanting to ensure consistency and compliance with the interaction and overlapping elements in the regulations of all three laws.
- Identify where, and understand how, the ADA, FMLA and Workers’ Compensation regulations overlap
- Recognize the factors that control which law takes precedence
- Apply policies, procedures and systems to track and report compliance with regulations under all three laws
- Explain to employees their rights and benefits under these laws
- Determine the employer’s rights to conduct pre-employment physicals
- Identify the legally correct strategies to minimize costs and exposures
Overview of Concepts and Deliverables Provided
- Recognize the similarities and differences in the purposes of these laws
- Identify the overlapping areas among all three laws
- Determine which laws apply to your organization and which law takes precedence when more than one applies
- Identify which employees are entitled to benefits under all three laws
- Identify all the benefits to which these employees are entitled
- Explain to employees all of their entitlements
- Establishing the tracking and reporting systems for covered occurrences, use of benefits and other information required by all three laws
- Identifying and creating, or verifying the existence of, all the required organizational policies and procedures to comply with all three laws
- When and how to properly accommodate workers affected by disabilities, injuries or illness
- How to ensure compliance with all three laws from other managers and supervisors within the organization
- Recognize regulatory enforcement and the penalties that may be assessed for non-compliance with all three laws
To receive more information about this training call toll free at 877-385-5515.