Ace Your Job Search! - $79.00
How to improve and plan for your new job search.
Product Code: AceJobSearch
Subscription: 30 Days
CEU Credits: .5
Introduction and Overview
This course focuses on career planning, enhancing resume writing, and improving interviewing skills for those seeking employment.
Part One of the course, "Tailoring Resumes and Cover Letters for a Perfect Fit," will help learners craft a resume that is targeted, elegant, and effective.
Part Two, "Interviewing Skills: Make the Right Impression," focuses on the preparation job candidates need in advance of an interview, and on the five stages of the interview process.
Part Three, "Interviewing Skills: Ace Those Tough Questions," helps learners formulate winning answers to difficult interview questions before they walk into the interviewing room.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Recognize key career development questions to ask before beginning a job search
- Employ a written goal-setting process to establish career development and job search priorities
- Recognize the purpose of tailoring a resume and cover letter
- Develop a more effective resume
- Develop a more effective cover letter
- Identify the five stages of the interview process
- Conduct industry and company research efficiently using web-based resources
- Brainstorm potential interview questions and answers
- Understand what constitutes a good answer in the mind of a hiring manager
- Anticipate some of the most common interview questions
- Explain to a hiring manager how the past successes represented on your resume will translate to future success in your desired position
- Recognize whether a job aligns with your career objectives
Target Audience: This course is designed for job seekers.
Level/Prerequisites: Introductory/No Prerequisites
Estimated time to complete: 5 hours
Ask the Expert: This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Required Material: This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Successful Completion Requirement for IACET CEU: Learners must score an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.