Effective Negotiations - $79.00
Learn Negotiation skills and techniques such as BATNA, reservation price, "zone of possible agreement" and more...
Product Code: PNegotiations
Subscription: 30 Days
CEU Credits: .5
Introduction and Overview
Every day we are involved in negotiations of one form or another. Even though negotiations are an integral part of our lives, techniques for managing these situations are not instinctive; they must be learned.
"This was one of the best web-based learning tools I've ever used. Excellent job!" — Gina Marie N. Moore, Aronson+Johnson+Ortiz, LP
Experienced negotiators make a conscious decision about what type of strategy to use in a discussion based on factors such as the importance of the relationship and the importance of what is at stake. Key concepts such as the "best alternative to no agreement", reservation price, and the "zone of possible agreement" can help when conducting negotiations. Since power is a fundamental dynamic in negotiations, it is important for negotiators to have a basic understanding of ways they can exert and also gain power in a discussion.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Define what negotiation is
- Explain the differences between principled negotiation, distributive negotiation, integrative negotiation and mixed motive negotiation
- Discuss what BATNA is and why it is important within the context of a negotiation
- Describe the concepts of reservation price and ZOPA, as well as how they relate to one another in a negotiation
- Describe the steps that should be taken to plan for a negotiation
- Explain the ways that power can be used in a negotiation, and how power can be gained from different sources
- Identify different behaviors which can pose challenges to a negotiation and may cause impasses
- Apply the concepts of negotiation to two real-world scenarios
Target Audience: This course is intended for adults seeking to improve their negotiating skills.
Level/Prerequisites: Introductory/No Prerequisites
Estimated time to complete: 3-5 hours
Ask the Expert: This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Successful Completion Requirement for IACET CEU: Learners must score an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit.