How to Coach - $79.00
Learn to provide encouragement, feedback and support to be an effective coach.
Product Code: Coach
Subscription: 30 Days
CEU Credits: .5
Introduction and Overview
Managers who lead and manage through coaching—providing encouragement, feedback and support—are more successful in "working through others." This brief course focuses on the skills and techniques of positive coaching in an organizational setting, including listening actively, providing constructive feedback based on observation, reinforcing positive employee performance through recognition and praise, and teaching new skills.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Explain how coaching employees is a vital part of managing in any organization
- Distinguish between managerial coaching, executive coaching and personal coaching
- Identify the triggers for coaching and recognize characteristics of coachability
- Describe the five-step coaching process
- Explain the SMART technique of goal setting
- Explain the use of the USED and GROW models in coaching
- Discuss the monitoring and follow-up coaching process
- Explain the differences between mentoring and coaching
Target Audience: This course is designed for adult learners and/or managers in any industry.
Level/Prerequisites: Introductory/No Prerequisites
Estimated time to complete: 3-5 hours
Ask the Expert: This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Successful Completion Requirement for IACET CEU: Learners must score an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit.