Managing in a Modern Organization - $79.00
Learn the fundamentals of management and develop manager skills to be effective.
Product Code: MngModOrg
Subscription: 30 Days
CEU Credits: .5
Introduction and Overview
This course considers the fundamentals of management and how managers can be effective in organizational settings. Based on D. Quinn Mills' book, Principles of Management, a text used at Harvard Business School, this course addresses managing in the modern organization.
"I have enrolled in many online courses over the years and some of them stand out. Managing in a Modern Organization is a spectacular course. I especially liked the powerful combination of written material, interactive media, and videos. The two short videos by Quinn Mills say more in four minutes than some people say in an entire book." — Clifford Smith
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Define the role of management and managers in an organization
- Distinguish between management, leadership, and administration in theory and in practice
- Explain the three general management styles (authoritarian, participative, and empowerment) and their respective uses
- Identify your views on hierarchy and management
- Understand the roles of individual contributors and managers and how they differ
- Identify your own approach toward managing (including personal effectiveness and enjoyment)
Target Audience: This course is designed for adult learners and/or managers.
Level/Prerequisites: Introductory/No Prerequisites
Estimated time to complete: 3-5 hours
Ask the Expert: This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Successful Completion Requirement for IACET CEU: Learners must score an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit.