Managing People - $79.00
Learn how to manage people, motivate workers and coordinate employee activities.
Product Code: MngPeople
Subscription: 30 Days
CEU Credits: .5
Introduction and Overview
To be successful and move ahead in his or her career, a manager must understand how to manage people, including motivating workers and coordinating their activities. This course will explain how the goals, empowerment, and measurement system of management can be employed and how organization structures differ. The course will also cover the difficulty of discipline while trying to maintain momentum.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand your own attitudes toward empowering management
- Explain how a GEM (goals, empowerment, measurement) approach to managing works in practice
- Describe the major organizational structures and the differences between them
- Explain the different factors that motivate workers and how a manager can use them to improve employee performance
- Discuss the challenges of discipline and how a manager should deal with such situations
- Identify the defining characteristics, benefits, and unique challenges of empowered teams
Target Audience: This course is designed for adult learners interested in improving their people management skills.
Level/Prerequisites: Introductory/No Prerequisites
Estimated time to complete: 3-5 hours
Ask the Expert: This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Successful Completion Requirement for IACET CEU: Learners must score an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit.