Taking the Helm at Coastal Industries Simulation - $399.00
Play the role of CEO in adopting sustainable management practices.
Product Code: SustMgmt-SIM
Subscription: 180 Days
CEU Credits: 1
Introduction and Overview
Throughout this simulation, you will play the role of the new chief executive officer of Coastal Industries, a fictional manufacturer of industrial transformers. During the simulation, you will be asked to make a series of decisions as Coastal Industries adopts sustainable management practices. These decisions will involve the company's operations, its standing in the community, and its relations with local government and state and federal regulators. Each of your decisions will effect Coastal Industries in different ways.
You will be asked to make a series of decisions during the simulation, and each decision will impact the project in different ways.
Your goal in the simulation is to optimize positive scores across the following project management factors:
- Leadership Performance
- Board Support
- Employee Relations
- Social Responsibility
- Regulatory Compliance
- Environmental Practices
- Financial Performance
This simulation is meant to sharpen your understanding of the key leadership skills necessary for effective sustainable management.
Those skills include:
- Taking charge as a new leader
- Balancing competing concerns, such as management/employee preferences, community interests and financial needs
- Dealing with controversial decisions and the potential for negative responses both internally and externally
- Analyzing financial data and using that information to make educated decisions
- Managing organizational change
- Understanding the relationship between corporate responsibility and the community
- Assessing sustainability practices and measuring their organizational and financial impacts
- Finding compromises that meet short and long-term financial objectives
Target Audience: This course is designed for adult learners interested in advancing their understanding of sustainable management.
Level/Prerequisites: Introductory/No Prerequisites
Estimated Time to complete: 10 hours
Ask the Expert: This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Required Material: This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Successful Completion Requirement for IACET CEU: Learners must score an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit.