HealthMax Software Project Management Simulation - $359.00
In this simulation you play the role of project manager on a new product development project.
Product Code: HM-PM-SIM
Subscription: 180 Days
PDU Credits: 1
CEU Credits: 10
Introduction and Overview
Through this simulation, the learner will play the role of a project manager on a new product development project at HealthMax Software. The goal of the project is to develop HealthRecords, a new medical records software system. For HealthMax, a small company, the success of this project has become vital to its long-term viability. It is now March, and the plan is to have three satisfied early-adopter customers and a product that is ready to launch at a major trade show in June of next year. The schedule is tight, and the budget for the project has been set with no possibility of an increase.
You will be asked to make a series of decisions during the simulation, and each decision will impact the project in different ways.
Your goal in the simulation is to optimize positive scores across the following project management factors:
- Project Integration Management
- Scope Management
- Quality Management
- Schedule/Time Management
- Budget/Cost Management
- Human Resources Management
- Risk Management
- Communications Management
- Procurement Management
This simulation is meant to sharpen your understanding of key project management skills.
Those skills include:
- Leading a project team
- Balancing competing interests such as project scope, quality, schedule, budget, resources, risk, communications, and procurement considerations
- Dealing with controversial decisions and the potential for negative team or customer outcomes
- Analyzing schedule, budget and quality data, and using that information to make educated decisions
- Addressing issues related to project procurement
- Facing challenges related to project planning, project execution, and project monitoring and control
Target Audience: This simulation is designed for adult learners with some project management experience.
Level/Prerequisites: Intermediate/No prerequisites
Estimated Time to Complete: 10 hours of online course work
Ask the Expert: This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Successful Completion Requirement for IACET CEU: Learners must score an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit.