Leading Project Teams - Basic Course - $49.00
Develop develop team leadership skills.
Product Code: LeadProjTeam
Subscription: 60 Days
PDU Credits: 1
CEU Credits: 1
Introduction and Overview
Since most project work in today's organizations is done in a team setting, project team leaders have a tremendous responsibility and opportunity to develop and exhibit team leadership skills.
This course covers:
- Review of the roles and responsibilities of project management team leaders
- Explore how to effectively recognize and respond to different types of team dynamics
- Learn how to use different sources of power that a project manager possesses to influence the team effectively
- Develop the skills needed to master a variety of leadership techniques
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Define a team
- Identify six common types of teams
- Understand Bruce Tuckman's Forming - Storming - Norming - Performing model of group development
- Explain how Forming - Storming - Norming - Performing model relates to the project life cycle
- Identify how organizational factors such as organizational structure and culture can effect project management team leadership
- Define the characteristics of project stakeholders
- Describe the three sources of power for team leaders
- Explain a variety of tactics for influencing team members and project stakeholders
- Describe ways to manage stakeholder expectations
- Explain the difference between managing and leading
Note: This course references the Project Management Institute's Project Management Body of Knowledge Guide, but the learner is not required to have this book to receive credit for the course.
This course is self-paced and online. You will have access to this course for 60 days. Upon successful completion, you will receive a certificate of completion from One Hour Courses.
Target Audience: This course is designed for mid- and entry-level professionals, managers, and those interested in effective project management.
Estimated Time to Complete: 1 hour
Successful Completion Requirement for IACET CEU and PDU Credit: Learners must score at least 70% on the course self-assessment to receive 0.1 IACET CEU and 1 PDU.