Project Management Process Improvement Program
Learn how to ensure your team has the process capabilities needed to successfully carry out any project plan.
Implementing a project management methodology is only the first step to effective project management. Once an organization puts a project management methodology in place, and even takes the next step by putting a project support office in place, the road to a mature project management environment has just begun.
Almost from the beginning there should be a continuous effort to improve the practice and the process of project management. For the organization that is paying attention to project management, this effort will never end. Process improvement focuses on the documented and supported tools, templates and processes. The maturity of those processes is the target. Having the processes in place is but one part. The remaining part is how those processes are practiced. This involves assessing the performance of project managers and teams relative to those documented processes.
In this two-day course, you will learn a business process for a project management quality improvement program. It is based on an adaptation of the process quality matrix which was introduced in the 1970s as a business process improvement tool. The model has been adapted to define where you are, where you would like to be, and how you intend to get there. It is a practical and easily implemented program that requires no special training. Upon completion of the course, you will be able to return to your organization confident that you can design and implement a successful process improvement program.
Who Should Attend
Anyone who has responsibility for the design, implementation and support of the project management methodology will benefit from this program. It is particularly suited for PMO staff who have just recently deployed a project management methodology in their organization. Organizations that have a methodology in place, but are not satisfied with the impact, will also benefit.
- Develop a better understanding of how process improvement is done
- Set target project process and practice performance levels
- Be able to develop a continuous process improvement program
- Be able to develop a continuous practice improvement program
- Develop the metrics for measuring process and practice improvement
- Increase the success rate of all projects
Overview of Concepts and Deliverables Provided
- Understand the process improvement process
- Know how to apply process improvement to project management
- Know how to apply the SEI maturity model to project management process and practice improvement
- Appreciate the significance of process maturity as compared to practice maturity
- Effectively apply Root Cause Analysis as the foundation tool for identifying potential improvement initiatives
- Using project management maturity assessment to identify areas for process and practice improvement
- Using skill and competency assessments to identify areas for practice improvement
- Know how to plan a process improvement project
To receive more information about this Project Management Course call toll free at 877-385-5515.