Project Management Workshop
Complete your projects on time, on budget and on target!
No more “winging it” when it comes to Project management. Through interactive exercises and practice sessions, participants learn the best practice project management skills. Everyone leaves with new techniques to get projects started, scheduled and completed on time, on budget and achieving the results they want.
Who Should Attend
This one-day project management course is designed for people with little or no prior knowledge of project management, but who want to develop their basic project management skills or are members of project management teams. The course develops the skills needed to make an immediate impact on achieving project results.
- Understand the philosophy of modern project management
- Prepare a Project Charter
- Create a work breakdown structure for a project
- Develop a simple project schedule using a critical path method
- Estimate time and costs accurately
- Apply basic risk management on a project
- Manage project changes
Overview of Concepts and Deliverables Provided
- Project Management Fundamentals
- Role of the Project Manager
- Key traits of the most successful project managers
- Project Management Definitions
- Project Life Cycle Models
- Project Processes
- Organizational Influences on Project Management
- Initiating the Project
- Project Charter Elements
- Stakeholder Identification
- Planning the Project
- Work Breakdown Structure
- Schedule Using the Critical Path Method
- Estimating resources, cost and hours for the project
- Identifying roles and responsibilities for the project
- Project Risk Management
- Project Communications
- Implementing the Plan
- Meetings and their purpose
- Monitoring progress
- Identifying action items and issues
- The importance of managing change
- Project Close-Out
- Project Closing and Acceptance
- Creating a Lessons Learned Resource
- Action Plan
Note: This on-site seminar is tailored to the organization’s project environment and current objectives.
To receive more information about this Project Management Course call toll free at 877-385-5515.