PMP 10 - Project Procurement Management Fifth Edition- $79.00
Training on Chapter 12 of A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide)
Product Code: PMP-10
Subscription: 30 Days
PDU Credits: .5
CEU Credits: 3.5
Introduction and Overview
This course was designed as a supplemental study guide for the major content areas of Chapter 12 of A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), Fifth Edition. In this course, you will define the core elements of procurement management. You will also understand the various roles and responsibilities of buyers and the techniques that contribute to effective project procurement documents.
This course contains video segments of project management professionals who offer advice and best practices about how to become a more effective project manager.
Taking advantage of online interactivity, the course contains a vocabulary game, flashcards, and other activities to help you master the material.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Define procurement within the context of a project
- Describe the elements of a procurement management plan
- Explain the various roles and responsibilities of buyers and sellers
- Compare contract types and analyze make-or-buy decisions
- Discuss the techniques that contribute to effective project procurement documents
- Identify common criteria for selecting sellers
- Describe the activities involved in controlling procurements and ensuring that sellers are on track to complete deliverables that conform to project requirements
- Explain the importance of negotiating for a suitable contract and ensuring that any changes to the procurement requirements are well-documented
- Describe the circumstances under which project procurements can be closed
Note: After successful completion, learners receive 3.5 PDUs/contact hours. Successful completion means completing all assignments in the course and scoring a minimum of 70% on the assessment at the end of the course.
Target Audience: This course is designed for adult learners with some project management experience.
Prerequisites: Learners should have some experience in project management and will need to have access to the Project Management Institute's A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, Fifth Edition (PMBOK® Guide).
Estimated Time to Complete: 3.5 hours of online course work
Ask the Expert: This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Required Material: This course requires the Project Management Institute's A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), Fifth Edition.
Successful Completion Requirement for IACET CEU: Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit.