PMP 7 - Project Human Resource Management Fifth Edition - $79.00
Training on Chapter 9 of A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide)
Product Code: PMP-7
Subscription: 30 Days
PDU Credits: .5
CEU Credits: 3.5
Introduction and Overview
This course was designed as a supplemental study guide for the major content areas of Chapter 9 of A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), Fifth Edition. In this course, you will learn how to acquire and negotiate the best staff, how to define roles and responsibilities in project documentation, and how to employ the essentials of good people management.
This course contains video segments of project management professionals who offer advice and best practices about how to become a more effective project manager.
Taking advantage of online interactivity, the course contains a vocabulary game, flashcards, and other activities to help you master the material.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe how staffing is planned for and acquired in an organization
- Explain how internal and external staff will have different management needs
- Recognize and manage for constraints and limited availability of human resources
- Apply resource optimization techniques to deal with limited human resources
- Identify and choose between the various techniques for visually representing the roles and responsibilities of individuals, teams and organizations.
- Describe what makes a successful team and how project managers can assess and develop their teams and individual workers
- Employ effective people management, including how to motivate and manage teams and how to resolve team conflict
- Identify the general approaches to decision-making, and how they might be applied to project scenarios
Note: After successful completion, learners receive 3.5 PDUs/contact hours. Successful completion means completing all assignments in the course and scoring a minimum of 70% on the assessment at the end of the course.
Target Audience: This course is designed for adult learners with some project management experience.
Prerequisites: Learners should have some experience in project management and will need to have access to the Project Management Institute's A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, Fifth Edition (PMBOK® Guide).
Estimated Time to Complete: 3.5 hours of online course work
Ask the Expert: This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Required Material: This course requires the Project Management Institute's A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), Fifth Edition.
Successful Completion Requirement for IACET CEU: Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit.