Project Management for Information Technology - $499.00
How to apply project management tools and techniques to IT projects.
Product Code: PM-IT
Subscription: 180 Days
PDU Credits: 2.5
CEU Credits: 25
Introduction and Overview
Project management refers to the art, or science, of directing projects. This course, Project Management for Information Technology, focuses more specifically on how project management concepts can be applied to IT projects, as well as on project management issues that are unique to IT projects. It reviews the concepts, methodologies, and tools of project management as it relates to IT. Students will also learn about fundamentals, such as integration management, scope, costing, quality, human resources, risk management, and procurement.
This course contains eight comprehensive module quizzes and a 70-question final assessment spanning IT project management areas of knowledge.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Apply concepts from The Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) to IT projects
- Explain the technical processes that might be applied during the IT project life cycle
- Describe the importance of scope control for IT projects and different tools that can be used to manage project scope
- Explain the challenges associated with delivering IT projects on time
- Differentiate between different techniques for managing the project schedule
- Discuss why cost management is difficult for IT projects and describe cost estimation methods, Earned Value Management, and portfolio management >
- Explain several maturity models and how they can be applied to improve IT project quality
- Explain various approaches for team building and communicating on IT projects
- Discuss different sources of IT project risk and how to manage them
- Describe issues related to IT project procurement, such as outsourcing decisions, e-procurement, and others
Note: Receive 25 PDUs/contact hours
Recommended Material: A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide)
Target Audience: This course is designed for adult learners interested in enhancing their project management skills and knowledge.
Prerequisites: This course assumes a working knowledge of basic project management functions and terminology.
Estimated Time to Complete: 25-28 hours of online course work
Ask the Expert: This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Required Material: This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Successful Completion Requirement for IACET CEU: Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit.