Project Management Team Leadership - $359.00
Learn key skills to be an effective project team leader.
Product Code: PM-TeamLead
Subscription: 180 Days
PDU Credits: 2
CEU Credits: 18
Introduction and Overview
The vast majority of project work in today's organizations is done in a team setting. In this environment, project management team leaders have a tremendous responsibility and opportunity to develop and exhibit leadership skills.
This course first discusses the roles and responsibilities of the project management team leader, in particular their responsibility with regard to project stakeholders. Next, the course discusses how project management team leaders can build a positive team environment through effective communication, team building activities, and reflective listening. Lastly, the course covers problem solving within the team.
Project management team leaders must be effective at identifying and resolving team problems in order for the project to succeed. To do this, team leaders must have an understanding of the team dynamic for decision-making and must be able to manage conflict among personality differences and barriers.
The course contains 12 brief case studies designed for application of the content to real-world scenarios, as well as six comprehensive module quizzes and a 72-question Final Assessment.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Define a team and identify six common types of teams
- Explain Bruce Tuckman's model of group development
- Describe how the project life cycle is relevant to team issues
- List the three sources of power for project management team leaders
- Describe ways to manage stakeholder expectations
- Explain different types of team building activities
- Define reflective listening
- Identify the challenges of virtual teams and how they relate to the project management team leader's roles
- Compare and contrast voting and consensus as methods for decision-making
- More effectively identify and resolve team problems
- Explain the different characteristics of effective and open team communication
- Identify the best practices for using e-mail and telephone among team members
- Identify several common team problems and apply methods for resolving these issues
Note: Receive 18 PDUs/contact hours
Recommended Material: A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide)
Target Audience: This course is designed for adult learners interested in enhancing their project management skills and knowledge.
Prerequisites: This course assumes a working knowledge of basic project management functions and terminology.
Estimated Time to Complete: 18 hours of online course work
Ask the Expert: This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Required Material: This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Successful Completion Requirement for IACET CEU: Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit.