Project Team Communication - $49.00
Learn how to distribute information, monitor performance and communicate effectively when managing projects.
Product Code: ProjTeamComm
Subscription: 60 Days
PDU Credits: 1
CEU Credits: .1
Introduction and Overview
One of the most time consuming aspects of leading a team is communications. This aspect of project management continues throughout the duration of a project. The project manager must start the project by engaging in communications planning. Throughout the project life cycle, the project manager and team distribute information and monitor performance. At the close of the project, lessons learned sessions are a useful way to capture information for future project teams.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the Plan Communications process
- Outline the major components of a communications management plan
- Explain the various ways that information may be distributed to a project team
- Describe how reporting performance can effect a project
- Describe how to conduct a communications requirements analysis
- Explain the characteristics of effective and open team communication
- Define what is achieved through a lessons learned session
- Discuss best practices for using e-mail for team communications
Note: This course references the Project Management Institute's Project Management Body of Knowledge Guide, but the learner is not required to have this book to receive credit for the course.
This course is self-paced and online. You will have access to this course for 60 days. Upon successful completion, you will receive a certificate of completion from One Hour Courses.
Target Audience: This course is designed for mid- and entry-level professionals, managers, and those interested in effective project management.
Estimated Time to Complete: 1 hour
Successful Completion Requirement for IACET CEU and PDU Credit: Learners must score at least 70% on the course self-assessment to receive 0.1 IACET CEU and 1 PDU.