Hospital and Nursing Safety and Defense Training
Training safety and strategies to improve workplace safety and reduce violence.
Control combative patients. Create safety and security in your work environment. Empower your people with mental and physical self-defense training. A great Continuing Education program designed specifically for health care facilities!
- Create a safe and secure Work Environment
- Be pro-active
- Stop Attacks in the Workplace
These programs stress mental awareness, psychological strategies and, if necessary, techniques for surviving and escaping an attack. All topics are available as keynote presentations or half-day hands-on training seminars.
This course is an essential part of your first line of defense against workplace violence.
Some call it Bedside Survival!
By the end of the workshop, participants will be able implement violence prevention strategies, assess, identify, and control the risk factors related to workplace violence, take important steps to increase employee safety, and limit organizational liability associated with workplace violence.
Reasons to provide training on workplace violence prevention include:
- Communicate your hospital's commitment to employee safety
- Have a first line of defense against violence in the workplace
- Ensure that all employees have practical skills to prevent, respond to, and report workplace violence incidents appropriately
- Avoid safety compliance training violations
- Minimize the risk related to workplace violence
Who Should Attend
This is a custom workshop designed for nurses and all hospital personnel.
- Understand psychological motives for violent human behavior
- Identify common sense strategies for protecting yourself in the workplace or on the street
- Practice safety steps on how to remove yourself from a dangerous situation
- Practice and learn verbal self defense
- Learn how to recognize potentially volatile situations or people
- Understand rules for hospital mental awareness
- Learn simple, swift techniques specific to front and rear attacks that will lead to escape
- Learn the most vulnerable parts of the body to attack
- Learn and understand the four zones of personal space
Overview of Concepts and Deliverables Provided
I. Mental Awareness & Avoidance Education
A. Six hospital rules of awareness
B. Four elements of an attack in the workplace
C. Three psychological motives for human violence
D. Four mental steps to survive an attack
E. Overall definition & ideas
F. Fifteen basic rules of self protection
II. Physical Exercise & Hands-On Training
A. Learn vulnerable body targets
B. Punching & striking
C. Kneeing & footwork
E. Front & rear attack escapes
III. Workplace Violence Prevention Self Assessment
IV. Apply skills in simulated attack (optional)
A. Apply mental awareness, psychological strategies
B. Practice techniques for surviving and escaping an attack
This program has served the personal safety and self defense training needs of some of the finest health care organizations in the country, including;
- St. Luke's Hospital
- Liberty Hospital
- Columbia Medical Center
- Olathe Medical Center
- Cushing Memorial Hospital
- St. Francis' Hospital
- University of Kansas Medical Ceter
- Lawrence Memorial Hospital
- Hennpin County Medical Center
- North Memorial Hospital
- Abbot Northwestern
- Kansas Medical Society
- And many others
Too often nurses and other hospital employees are not aware or prepared to deal with the issues and reality of workplace violence. This Hospital and Nursing Safety and Defense Training can position your entire organization with a first line of defense against workplace violence and associated liability.
To receive more information about this training call toll free at 877-385-5515.