Human Resource Management - $79.00
Learn the roles and responsibilities of the Human Resource function.
Product Code: HRMGMT
Subscription: 30 Days
CEU Credits: .5
Introduction and Overview
Human Resource Management includes the vital tasks of recruiting, screening, interviewing, training, appraising, disciplining, rewarding, and developing the employee -- both for business and non-profit enterprises.
Since all managers (especially line managers) have HR responsibilities, it is important that they have an understanding of the key concepts of this increasingly important function, especially since many decisions they make about employees have possible legal ramifications.
The course draws on material from Harvard Business School professor D. Quinn Mills' book,Principles of Human Resource Management.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Recognize and identify the key roles and responsibilities of the human resource management function
- Assess your attitude and your organization's attitude toward human resource management
- Recognize and define HRM's strategic contribution to an organization
- Recognize and define human resources terms
- Differentiate between the day-to-day functions of the HR department and the broader concepts of human resource management
- Recognize the relationship and partnership that exist between an organization's HR Department and its line managers, and identify the key responsibilities of each
- Differentiate between the structure and reporting relationships of a centralized and decentralized human resources function
- List and identify the five areas of HRM Planning
- List the three roles that an HR department must fulfill to maintain the ethical standards of an organization
- Identify the key global issues and business practices that impact HRM
Target Audience: This course is designed for adult learners.
Level/Prerequisites: Introductory/No Prerequisites
Estimated time to complete: 3-5 hours
Ask the Expert: This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Successful Completion Requirement for IACET CEU: Learners must score an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit.
This course is part of the Human Resources Suite of online courses.