Introduction to Leadership - $79.00
Learn how to be a successful leader - this course answers the crucial leadership questions.
Product Code: Intro-Leadership
Subscription: 30 Days
CEU Credits: .5
Introduction and Overview
This course examines how to be a successful (that is, effective) leader. Based on D. Quinn Mills' book, Leadership: How to Lead, How to Live, a text used at Harvard Business School, this course asks the crucial questions about leadership in today's organizations:
- What is leadership and why is it important?
- What does effective leadership require?
- What is visionary leadership?
- What is the role of charisma?
- What is the difference between managing, administering and leading?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Define leadership and explain its importance
- Discuss some of the better-known leadership theories (Fiedler's contingency theory; Path-goal theory; Vroom-Yetton-Jago theory)
- Distinguish leadership from management and administration
- Explain the role of ethics in leadership
- Discuss the positives and negatives surrounding charismatic leadership
- Recognize the importance of training, learning, and role-playing in leadership
- Discuss the seven bases for leadership
- Explain why formal authority alone does not guarantee leadership
- Discuss the nine key qualities for leadership
- Identify the five central skills needed for effective leadership and explain ways to strengthen or develop those skills in a leader
Target Audience: This course is designed for adult learners who find a need for professional leadership skills.
Level/Prerequisites: Introductory/No Prerequisites
Estimated time to complete: 6-8 hours
Ask the Expert: This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Successful Completion Requirement for IACET CEU: Learners must score an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit.
This course is part of the Leadership Suite which includes these four (4) online courses: