Leading and Managing Change - $79.00
Learn the techniques of change management and how to overcome resistance to lead change at various levels of an organization.
Product Code: LeadMgChange
Subscription: 30 Days
CEU Credits: .5
Introduction and Overview
Whether adopting new technology or adapting to a drastic shift in an organization's core focus, managers play a fundamental role in effecting changes. Based on D. Quinn Mills' book, Leadership: How to Lead, How to Live, a text used at Harvard Business School, this course addresses the key issues managers face in a dynamic environment.
By understanding the steps in effecting change and how to overcome resistance, a manager can successfully lead change at various levels of an organization.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Discuss organizational change and the forms it can take
- Describe Kotter's Eight Step Process recommended for implementing change successfully
- Outline Lewin's model of change and discuss its limitations
- Identify the factors a leader or manager can employ to promote change
- Discuss the underpinnings of resistance to change and how to overcome it
- Describe the five-step ADKAR model for change management
- Discuss the three steps of the Cisco Change Roadmap
- Understand strategic change and mastering a changing environment
Target Audience: This course is designed for adult learners and/or managers who find a need for professional leadership skills.
Level/Prerequisites: Introductory; Intermediate/Learners should have some basic knowledge of, and experience with, managing and leading within an organization.
Estimated time to complete: 3-5 hours
Ask the Expert: This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Successful Completion Requirement for IACET CEU: Learners must score an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit.
This course is part of the Leadership Suite which includes these four (4) online courses: