Leaders and Work-Life Balance - $79.00
Learn how to balance work and home to meet the demands of leadership.
Product Code: Lead-WorkBal
Subscription: 30 Days
CEU Credits: .5
Introduction and Overview
This course addresses the question of work-life balance, one which is of great importance to leaders in all settings. Based on D. Quinn Mills' book, Leadership: How to Lead, How to Live, a text used at Harvard Business School, this course looks at methods and techniques to reconcile work and family. You will also consider the question of personal fulfillment and the needs and demands of leadership.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Identify the major sources of work-life balance conflict
- Discuss the myths about work-life balance - including the "make time later," division of labor," and "quality time" myths
- Identify strategies to achieve balance, including balancing by week, over a year, and via a short career
- Recognize ways to maintain work-life balance
- Examine what defines personal fulfillment
- Identify those significant elements that play a role in a leader's life
- Identify nine ways of viewing life's choices
- Develop and complete a Personal Work-Life Balance Plan
Target Audience: This course is designed for adult learners seeking to improve their work/life balance and/or managers interested in promoting balance in the work place.
Level/Prerequisites: Introductory/No Prerequisites
Estimated time to complete: 3-5 hours
Ask the Expert: This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Successful Completion Requirement for IACET CEU: Learners must score an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit.
This course is part of the Leadership Suite which includes these four (4) online courses: