Triple Bottom Line Accounting - $99.00
Learn the methods of balancing and optimizing the triple bottom line of social, environmental, and economic impacts.
Product Code: SustMgmt-TBL
Subscription: 30 Days
CEU Credits: .5
CPE Credits: 5
Introduction and Overview
In order to pursue the goal of sustainability, corporate and government leaders must manage companies and economies in terms of balancing and optimizing the triple bottom line of social, environmental, and economic impacts.
The Triple Bottom Line concept, also known as the "3Ps" ("People, Planet, and Profit"), is both a metaphor for thinking about sustainability as well as the basis for a practical framework for accounting and reporting on organizations' activities and impacts.
The TBL concept borrows the well-known and widely accepted idea of financial accounting and its "bottom line" and expands it.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Explain the triple bottom line (TBL) concept and its three pillars of "People, Planet, and Profits"
- Describe the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) TBL accounting framework
- Explain how economic, environmental, and social performance indicators are developed
- Discuss how TBL accounting measures an organization's sustainability performance
- Outline the criticisms of TBL accounting
- Describe best practices for TBL accounting
Target Audience: This course is designed for adult learners interested in advancing their understanding of sustainable management.
Level/Prerequisites: Introductory/No Prerequisites
Estimated Time to Complete: 3-5 hours
Ask the Expert: This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Required Material: This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Successful Completion Requirement for IACET CEU: Learners must score an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit.
This course is part of the Sustainable Management Suite of five (5) online courses.
- An Overview of Sustainable Management
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Measuring Sustainable Management Performance
- Sustainable Management: Leadership Ethics
- Triple Bottom Line Accounting