The Decision Making and Problem Solving Course
An onsite workshop designed to improve your decision-making skills.
Learn to apply proven decision making processes and strategies
Evaluate Problems - troubleshoot, perform root cause analysis
Make the best decisions in any situation
Because being able to make decisions and solve problems effectively is a necessary and vital part of the job, this workshop develops your decision-making skills and improves the decision-making process overall.
As an individual, facts and knowledge can only go so far. Solving tough problems requires the ability to define the true problem, analyze the possible causes, create options, select the most feasible option and then implement it. This 1-day workshop helps individuals enhance their efforts to find sustainable solutions and learn new ways to approach problem-solving to reach win-win decisions.
Cut through the clutter and complexity to make the best decision in any situation.
Why is it that some people find it easy to solve tough problems with simple solutions while others find this feat nearly impossible? You have no doubt looked at solutions to problems and said, “I should have thought of that.” But you didn’t. The answer is not just creativity, although that certainly helps. Rather, the power to find these creative solutions lies in our ability to search for and find facts that relate to the situation, and put them together in ways that work. As an individual, your facts and knowledge can only go so far. By tapping into the knowledge of others (staff, colleagues, family or friends), you can expand the range of solutions available to you.
If you are tired of applying dead-end solutions to recurring problems in your company, this workshop helps you reconstruct your efforts and learn new ways to approach problem solving, and develop practical ways to solve some of your most pressing problems and reach win-win decisions.
Who Should Attend
All Employees. From front line employees who want to show they have a lot to contribute to the success of the company to executives and entrepreneurs who have the vision to get outside of traditional methods of thinking and want to get the most out of their business. This helps anyone who wants to develop their ability to better serve their clients and customers and values a proactive team to find solutions to everyday problems and obstacles in a changing world.
- Increase awareness of problem solving steps and problem solving tools
- Distinguish root causes from symptoms to identify the right solution for the right problem
- Improve problem solving and decision-making skills through identifying your own problem solving style
- Recognize the top ten rules of good decision-making
This course focuses on the decision making process and the overall impact individual choices have on the ability of organizations to meet the goals. Emphasis is placed on the proactive engagement of problem solving through the formulation of sound and calculated decisions.
Overview of Topics and Leaning Points Developed
- Explore the decision making process and how to make sound, well-informed and objective decisions (How thinking and reasoning processes operate)
- Develop an understanding of the decision making process through case study analysis and group activities
- Discover analytical techniques for comparing alternative solutions
- Learn how to reason effectively and consistently
- Formulate an understanding of proactive engagement in the decision making process
- Learn problem analysis best practices – using your decision time most effectively
- Calculate the impact and implications of decisions
- Use decision making to commit to action, accomplish organizational goals and cause change
- Root cause analysis
- Creative problem analysis
- Structured reasoning
- Strategic Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Decision Making
- Risk analysis
- Evaluate the decision
- Evaluate the decision making process
- Action Plan
In this highly interactive session, participants explore just what problem solving and decision making means. We look at different types of decisions, the difference between facts and information and common decision making traps. Participants discover their Problem Solving Style, identify their strengths and weaknesses, and how to use that knowledge to become better problem solvers.
Exercises and cases put participants in tough decision-making situations, give them experience in developing a solid framework to solve the problem and make decisions. Participants will learn to apply a proven decision-making model they can apply to most problems and practice its application in real- world situations.
Each workshop is tailored to your organization's industry and organizational issues. We want to fully engage the participants to create a meaningful and relevant training environment.