Leadership and Management for Entrepreneurs - $129.00
Learn key leadership and management strategies for new ventures.
Product Code: Lead-Mng-ENT
Subscription: 30 Days
CEU Credits: .5
Introduction and Overview
This course explores the leadership and management issues entrepreneurs face as they create and establish successful new ventures. It reviews the key managerial roles of planning, organizing, staffing, leading and controlling, and their application in entrepreneurial settings. Further, the course addresses self-management for the entrepreneur--how an entrepreneur can manage his or her own time and maintain a proper work-life balance.
The course covers these topics:
- Describe the managerial roles played by an entrepreneur
- Outline the five key managerial activities
- Describe self-management techniques for managing time and organizing, planning and prioritizing
- Discuss the autocratic (ODS-A), participative (ODS-P), and empowering (GEM) management styles and their application
- Describe the process for staffing an entrepreneurial venture
- Discuss Katzenbach's Five Motivational Paths and how they apply to new ventures
- Describe the process for coaching employees
- Outline the USED Model for training employees
- Discuss the importance of active listening when communicating with employees
Target Audience: This course is designed for adult learners interested in understanding the leadership and management challenges involved in starting a new business.
Level/Prerequisites: Introductory/No Prerequisites
Estimated time to complete: 5 hours
Ask the Expert: This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Successful Completion Requirement for IACET CEU: Learners must score an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit.
This course is part of the Entrepreneurship Suite which includes these five (5) online courses:
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship
- Accounting and Finance for Entrepreneurs
- Business Law for Entrepreneurs
- Leadership and Management for Entrepreneurs
- Strategic Marketing for Entrepreneurs