Fundraising for Nonprofit Organizations - $150.00
Learn essential techniques for fundraising for nonprofit organizations.
Product Code: NP-FundRaising
Subscription: 30 Days
CEU Credits: .5
CFRE Credits: 4
Introduction and Overview
Fundraising is one of the central activities of a nonprofit organization. To help finance operating budgets, nonprofits must raise money every year. In addition, special projects and improvements to facilities may be needed. In these situations, fundraisers will often launch large capital campaigns or apply for foundation grants.
This course offers an introduction to fundraising for nonprofit organizations, with an emphasis on the fundamental issues.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the key concepts related to nonprofit fundraising, such as annual campaigns, capital campaigns, and planned giving
- Discuss how nonprofit funds can be raised through direct mail and telemarketing
- Explain how the Internet and social media channels may be used to generate donations
- Compare and contrast fundraising through corporate donations versus foundation grants
- Explain the different sections of a grant application
- Describe methods for evaluating annual campaign performance
- Discuss how ethics applies to nonprofit fundraising
- Explain the importance of donor relations
Target Audience: This course is designed for adult learners seeking to gain a basic understanding of fundraising for nonprofit organizations. This course is best suited for learners with a basic understanding of how nonprofits operate.
Level/Prerequisites: Introductory/No Prerequisites
Estimated time to complete: 4-6 hours
Ask the Expert: This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Successful Completion Requirement for IACET CEU: Learners must score an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit.
This course is part of the Nonprofit Management Suite of seven (7) online courses which includes:
- Budgeting in a Nonprofit Organization
- Fundraising for Nonprofit Organizations
- How to Read a Nonprofit Financial Statement
- Leadership in a Nonprofit Organization
- Nonprofit Board and Volunteer Development
- Principles of Marketing for Nonprofit Organizations
- Strategy for Nonprofit Organizations