Principles of Marketing for Nonprofit Organizations - $79.00
Learn how nonprofits use marketing to publicize their mission and to gather contributions of time and money.
Product Code: NP-Marketing
Subscription: 30 Days
CEU Credits: .5
CFRE Credits: 5
Introduction and Overview
When we think of marketing, we typically think of the activities that a for-profit company engages in. However, marketing is an important function for nonprofit organizations as well. Marketing is the way that nonprofits determine the needs of their clients and their donors. As in the for-profit world, nonprofit marketing includes advertising, promotion, public relations, and customer relationship management. This course examines how nonprofits use marketing to publicize their mission and to gather contributions of time and money. The course also discusses marketing planning in the nonprofit organization.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Define what marketing is within the nonprofit environment
- Explain the service-intensive nature of nonprofit program activities
- Explain how the marketing mix is expanded for service products (the Three Ps of Services Marketing)
- Describe the importance of customer satisfaction and how expectations play a role in satisfaction with service products
- Discuss the role of ethics in nonprofit marketing
- Describe the importance of a nonprofit marketing plan
- Describe how target markets can be identified for donors
- Explain how new service products are developed by nonprofits
Target Audience: This course is designed for adult learners interested in gaining a basic understanding of marketing within a nonprofit organization.
Level/Prerequisites: Introductory/No Prerequisites
Estimated Time to Complete: 3-5 hours
Ask the Expert: This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Required Material: This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Successful Completion Requirement for IACET CEU: Learners must score an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit.
This course is part of the Nonprofit Management Suite of seven (7) online courses which includes:
- Budgeting in a Nonprofit Organization
- Fundraising for Nonprofit Organizations
- How to Read a Nonprofit Financial Statement
- Leadership in a Nonprofit Organization
- Nonprofit Board and Volunteer Development
- Principles of Marketing for Nonprofit Organizations
- Strategy for Nonprofit Organizations