Nonprofit Board and Volunteer Development - $150.00
Learning how to develop the skills of volunteers and board members is critical to a nonprofit organization's success.
Product Code: NP-BrdVolDevSubscription
Subscription: 30 Days
CEU Credits: .5
CFRE Credits: 5
Introduction and Overview
Volunteers are the lifeblood of most nonprofit organizations. Board members are a special type of volunteer. They help to guide the direction of a nonprofit, to promote the organization in the community, and to ensure that the nonprofit's mission is fulfilled. Developing the skills of volunteers and board members is critical to a nonprofit organization's success.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Explain the reasons why people volunteer and how nonprofits can make volunteer programs more successful
- Describe the responsibilities of the nonprofit board
- Discuss different models for organizing a nonprofit board
- Describe the differences between a nonprofit board and a for-profit board
- Explain different approaches for recruiting and filling a nonprofit board
- Discuss the pros and cons of large vs. small boards
- Describe why board evaluations are useful
- Explain why nonprofit boards form committees
- Discuss typical nonprofit board and staff interactions
- Describe how nonprofits can develop and maintain a strong volunteer base
Target Audience: This course in intended for adults seeking to gain a basic understanding of board and volunteer development in a nonprofit environment.
Level/Prerequisites: Introductory/No Prerequisites
Estimated Time to Complete: 5 hours
Ask the Expert: This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Successful Completion Requirement for IACET CEU: Learners must score an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit.
This course is part of the Nonprofit Management Suite of seven (7) online courses which includes:
- Budgeting in a Nonprofit Organization
- Fundraising for Nonprofit Organizations
- How to Read a Nonprofit Financial Statement
- Leadership in a Nonprofit Organization
- Nonprofit Board and Volunteer Development
- Principles of Marketing for Nonprofit Organizations
- Strategy for Nonprofit Organizations