Strategy for Nonprofit Organizations - $79.00
How to develop a nonprofit's strategy to help the organization fulfill its mission.
Product Code: NP-StrategySubscription
Subscription: 30 Days
CEU Credits: .5
Introduction and Overview
We hear a lot about for-profit companies, such as Apple Computer or Wal-Mart, and the successful strategies they have developed. Even though nonprofit organizations are not concerned with profit maximization, they too can benefit from following a strategy.
A nonprofit's strategy constitutes its decisions about what it will do and how it will do it. Managers are critical to successfully implementing strategy since they are responsible for carrying out the actions that will support it. By understanding a nonprofit's strategy and how it helps the organization fulfill its mission, a manager can do a better job implementing the strategy.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Define a strategy
- Explain the basics of strategy in a nonprofit context
- Describe the strategic planning process and how different approaches may be taken by different organizations
- Discuss how mission statements are constructed
- Explain how budgets and capital budgets interrelate with nonprofit strategic planning
- Describe the success factors for strategic planning
- Recognize the need for contingency planning
Target Audience: This course in intended for adults seeking to gain a basic understanding of strategy for a nonprofit organization. This course is best suited for learners with a basic understanding of business concepts.
Level/Prerequisites: Introductory/No Prerequisites
Estimated Time to Complete: 3-5 hours
Ask the Expert: This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Required Material: This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Successful Completion Requirement for IACET CEU: Learners must score an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit.
This course is part of the Nonprofit Management Suite of seven (7) online courses which includes:
- Budgeting in a Nonprofit Organization
- Fundraising for Nonprofit Organizations
- How to Read a Nonprofit Financial Statement
- Leadership in a Nonprofit Organization
- Nonprofit Board and Volunteer Development
- Principles of Marketing for Nonprofit Organizations
- Strategy for Nonprofit Organizations