Communicating with Tact and Diplomacy
Learn how to Communicate with Tact, Diplomacy and Professionalism.
Choose the best words, tone & non-verbal communication…Deliver your message tactfully, diplomatically & professionally.
This communication skills training seminar helps you say the right thing in every situation. Participants learn how to be more tactful and diplomatic to build and maintain interpersonal relationships that effect job performance. Knowing how to choose the best words, emotional tone and non-verbal communication will insure your message is delivered appropriately and effectively.
In this interactive on-site training, you practice how to be tactful and diplomatic without compromising your position or diminishing your authority in even the most difficult situations. (See Overview of Skills Developed and Topics Covered below.)
You will be amazed at how communicating with tact and diplomacy can help regain your enthusiasm to work with people. Developing skills to do and say the right thing can do wonders to rebuild relationships that can impact your career in a positive manner.
The ability to navigate through tense discussions opens doors to new opportunities. Learning and applying good communication skills to be more tactful and diplomatic builds credibility and prepares you to meet people challenges head on. These skills help you deliver positive and negative feedback, deal with difficult people,and handle negative situations with ease.
Did you ever wish your mouth had an eraser?
In this seminar you learn what to say, how to say it and how to rephrase it to avoid leaving the conversation saying “Why did I say that?” You learn how to control emotions in difficult situations and apply improved listening skills to remain poised, even when you are being verbally attacked.
This onsite communication skills training gives you a business edge to communicate effectively in difficult situations.
Communicating with tact, diplomacy, poise and finesse improves your ability to work with people. While we often wish the difficult (challenging) people in our lives would change, that's probably not going to happen. It’s better to be equipped with the communication tools you need to more effectively manage your interactions with them. Wherever you work and whatever you do, knowing how to deal with people skillfully and professionally is important.
Who Should Attend
This training is for career minded professionals who want to excel in the interpersonal and communication skills necessary to build a positive and influential image.
- Apply the necessary communication tools to handle the most sensitive situations
- Disagree without being disagreeable
- Use active listening skills to avoid miscommunication
- Recognize volatile and delicate situations and apply techniques to prevent flare-ups
- Defuse explosive emotions and volatile situations
- Resolve conflict in a way that will bring about a harmonious relationship
- Understand the types of non-verbal communication you need to eliminate
- Project self-confidence, even in an intimidating environment
- Use tact and diplomacy to be positive without compromising your position or authority
- Apply skills to deal with difficult people and difficult personalities
Communication Skills Developed and Topics Covered Include
- Know how professionals can damage their reputation by not understanding “TACT”
- Eliminate non-verbal communication that discourages others from expressing themselves
- Develop techniques of how to offer constructive criticism without deflating the person’s morale
- Learn how to handle tough questions and tough audiences
- Refrain from taking an adversarial position
- Learn to say "no" in ways that reduce conflict and eliminate phrases like, "that's not my job" and "I don't know"
- How to avoid verbal and nonverbal slip-ups
- Understand how and when to use silence appropriately
- How to disagree without being disagreeable
- Distinguish how and when to apologize so that you gain credibility and respect
- Avoid letting personal perceptions destroy your communication ability
- How to defuse explosive emotions and volatile situations
- How to prevent people from pushing your hot buttons
- Knowing when and how to let someone save face
- Re-engineer your thought process so that others do not control you
- Know how and when to ask questions that prevent miscommunication
- Understand who your audience is so that you communicate effectively
- Learn techniques to stop communication that is wasting your time, without coming across as not interested
- How to live with irritating habits and other minor people problems
- Learn how to promote yourself without appearing to be bragging
Bring this seminar to your organization and begin applying improved communication skills immediately. Participants leave this session with a new sense of accountability for what they say and have the communication skills and tools to use tact and diplomacy in any situation.
To receive more information about this training call toll free at 877-385-5515.